Summertime in Sarasota What to Do?
Its summertime in Sarasota and the beaches of Siesta Key, Longboat Key and Casey Key are a buzz with summertime vacationers and activities. Besides just hanging on the beach here is a list of Sarasota must does for summertime.
- Go hunting for sharks teeth on the beach in Venice, take a walk on the pier and enjoy dinner, dancing and the sunset at Sharky’s Restaurant.
- Visit the South Florida Museum planetarium.
- Visit the drum circle on Siesta Key on Sunday evening at dusk.
- Take a ride on the water aboard the LeBarge “Booze Cruise” docked at the Marina Jack.
- Take a ride on the water aboard the South Venice Beach Ferry.
- Camp at Turtle Beach campground on Siesta Key next to Turtle Beach.
- Dine alfresco on St. Armands Circle
- Kayak the mangrove islands.
- Check out the Boneshakers Band, our local Sarasota Band at one of their local venues.
- Take sailing lessons on Longboat Key
- Get Scuba certified in the Sarasota Bay
- Bodysurf or skimboard and feel the pain.
- Climb the Myakka River State Park Observation Tower.
- Canoe on the Myakka River, only if you like gators!
- Take a ride on your bike along the Legacy Trail, no traffic to deal with.
- The Ringling Museum is free on Mondays.
- Visit the Historic Spanish Point
- Take the Chocolate Martina crawl in Siesta Village, LeLu’s, Blaze Café, and the Cottage, my favorites.
- Visit Lakewood Ranch for their Music on Main event.
- Shop at the Downtown Sarasota’s Farmers Market on Saturday mornings open till 1 in the summer.
- Fish for some Grouper.
- Visit the Mote Aquarium and pet the stingrays, or swim with the Manatees in the Gulf of Mexico.
- FridayFest at the VanWezel watch the sunset while listening to a local band.
- Parasail along Siesta Key Beach.
- Rent a jet ski and explore Sarasota Bay.