Siesta Key. The name itself evokes tranquil living, doesn’t it? When you live on this tropical island, not only do you have palm trees, white sand and the warm, turquoise waters of the Gulf of Mexico literally at your fingertips.
You also may be just relaxed enough to enjoy an afternoon siesta! If you have been considering purchasing a new luxury home on one of Sarasota’s beautiful barrier islands, the development of Sandy Hook on Siesta Key may be just the ticket to the carefree life you’ve been looking for. Consider these five reasons to purchase a home on Siesta Key:
1. The Beach It goes without saying that living in close proximity to the number one beach in America is on your list of reasons to move to Siesta Key! In 2011, Dr. Beach named Siesta Public Beach as the top spot in the nation for beachgoers. Just what makes Siesta Beach so perfect? It starts with the white sand; it’s almost pure quartz, which means that not only does it look beautiful, but it stays cool underfoot on even the hottest days of summer. If you’ve been to other beaches in Florida at the peak of summer, you understand the appeal! The Gulf in this area tends to be calm, and you can walk far out into the surf without ending up over your head. Finally, the sunsets are, simply put, spectacular.
2. The Weather You know that Florida is hot, hot, hot in the summer, and living on Siesta Key will put you right in the middle of those balmy sea breezes. Yes, the temperature will rise to 95 degrees or so in July and August, but you’ll get some cooling relief with the movement of the air. During the summer, you can also watch those awesome thunderclouds roll in over the Gulf on almost a daily basis! The wintertime is when the weather really shines, though; while your northern friends are shoveling, you’ll be sipping cocktails on your lanai or drinking coffee on the beach. You can’t beat that!
3. The City of Sarasota Aside from Siesta Key Village, which is located just minutes from your Sandy Hook doorstep, you will be in the prime location to take advantage of the amenities of Sarasota without being immersed in the city noise and traffic. A short trip over one of the bridges that connects Siesta Key to the mainland will have you close to where the action is. Check out a show at the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, or visit the Sarasota Opera. If art is more your thing, there’s plenty to be had at the Ringling Arts Museum; admission is free on Mondays, and you won’t want to forget to pack a picnic to enjoy on the picturesque grounds. You’ll have dining options ranging from chains like Longhorn Steakhouse and Sweet Tomatoes, to the Melting Pot, to mom-and-pop eateries and fine dining restaurants. And oh, the shopping: Everything from boutiques to the mall is just a hop, skip and a jump away!
4. The State of Florida If you’re from around here, then you already know that some of the big cities in Florida are within easy driving distance from Siesta Key. You can be in Tampa in an hour and in Orlando in about two hours. You’re also an hour from the beautiful beaches of St. Petersburg and other areas of Tampa Bay. As you meander south along the coast, you can check out Venice Beach, Manasota Key, Boca Grande on Gasparilla Island, and, if you’re willing to drive even further, Fort Myers Beach and the islands of Sanibel and Captiva. When you’re ready to spread your wings or host faraway family and friends, the Sarasota/Bradenton International Airport is close by.
5. Now Is the Time to Buy Real estate trends are picking up, but prices are still fairly low. If you are looking for a home in Sandy Hook on Siesta Key, and you see one that you’re interested in, now is the time to snap it up! Because Siesta Key is a popular location for not only permanent but also seasonal residents, sales can spike at any time of year, so when you are ready to buy, it’s important to act quickly.
With so much going on in Siesta Key and the neighboring areas, it makes sense to start your search for a luxury home in Sandy Hook now. With decades of experience helping people just like you find their dream homes, I am in the perfect position to help. Contact me to discuss your must-haves, and I’ll help you find your perfect home on Siesta Key or in the Sarasota area.